Uniform & Grooming
All students are REQUIRED to wear the following:
● Plain black collared polo shirt (long and/or short sleeve) with no writing, pockets, pictures, or manufacturer’s logo
● Plain black sweatshirt (no hood or pockets)
● Plain gray or black sweatpants, with cinched cuffs and no pockets (appropriately sized)
● Each clothing item may be purchased at DAEP, if available, during the intake process. The shirt and sweatshirt are $15 each and the sweatpants are $10. All three items may be purchased for $35 total.
NO METAL is allowed as part of any clothing item, including undergarments. Therefore, if the presence of metal is detected during searches, the student will be asked to surrender the item detected, and the parent/guardian will be notified. The appropriate disciplinary consequence will be administered.
● Athletic Shoes (white, gray and/or black) with white, gray or black socks
● NO clogs (Crocs), sandals, or slides allowed
● NO boots allowed
● Footwear exceptions must be approved by the principal.
NO long sleeve sweatshirts or sweaters may be worn under the collared shirt
NO visible undergarments; Appropriate undergarments must be worn, but containing no metal.
NO exposed cleavage (campus staff determines acceptability)
NO shorts of any kind may be worn under sweatpants
NO holes, tears, bleach spots, logos, frayed, etc.
NO caps, bandannas, etc. may be worn or in the student’s possession
NO jewelry of any kind may be worn or in the student’s possession, including watches, rings, necklaces, bracelets, tongue rings, belly button rings, earrings or nose rings
NO acrylic/fake nails or nail polish
NO use of any cosmetics or fake eyelashes
Confiscated items may not be given back to the student until the last day of his/her placement.
Haircuts / Hair Style
● Students' hair will be in compliance with the MISD dress code. Staff will perform periodic inspections and give sufficient notice to students to get into compliance with any dress code policies.
● All students' hair must be tied up in a bun (if long enough), with all hairs pulled away from the face/out of the eyes. Hair must be kept clean and neat, in its natural color, and free from designs cut or shaved onto the head or eyebrows.
DRESS/GROOMING CODE INFRACTIONS OR FAILURE TO WEAR A COMPLETE UNIFORM WILL BE CAUSE FOR DISCIPLINARY ACTION AND/OR LOSS OF CREDIT FOR THE DAY.